Startup Pirates is a one-week acceleration program for entrepreneurs in the making. Through a combination of training, mentoring and idea development, they help participants structure and develop their ideas. In the end, they give them the opportunity to pitch their ideas to investors and successful business leaders.
The Successes of their first programs
Their inaugural program was in September 2011 in Porto. The success of this first program inspired them to organize another one shortly after in Lisbon. Sixty of the most driven young entrepreneurs from Portugal and from 5 other countries around the world worked and learned together for 8 days.
These are just some of the results to date:
- 5 startups in progress;
- 1 startups selected to Startup Chile;
- 2 startups selected for a local Portuguese accelerator;
- National news coverage in Portugal, China and Algeria;
- Overall satisfaction ranking with the Program: 5/5.
Startup Pirates in numbers
- 8 days
- +30 Participants
- +30 guests (including mentors, investors and entrepreneurs)
- 8 workshops
- 14 working sessions
- 2 sessions “Ask the Mentor”
- 2 entrepreneur talks
- 2 other activities
= One remarkable experience!
- No public Twitter messages.