Seeking your input: Setting up a micro fund for #intheblack startups
6/26/19, 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM (CEST)
Campfire Tent 3
We (PIRATE) are thinking about setting up a micro fund for #intheblack startups. We’d love to discuss:
1. Is there a need for this? What are the startups that qualify?
2. We think we should structure it as an Evergreen fund. However, there are a lot of challenges like the need for a secondary market.
3. In order to keep costs low we’d love to include successful founders as LPs and mentors. What are your thoughts?
4. How to sustain the fund. Fund size, management fee etc.
5. How to raise the initial capital. Crowdfunding...
This is supposed to be a very open session. We don’t yet have many of the answers. If you are also currently setting up a fund or have already done so, please come by and share your experience.